Over the years, we have created a number of plugins that we sell and can potentially integrate into your Ecommerce Website for you. Through discussion with our clients, we are often asked what kind of functionalities we can create for them. The list below are a mix of our own plugins as well as generic plugins that are common features requested by clients.
Thus, here are 17 useful WooCommerce functionality for your consideration for the next project or enhancement:
1. Fancy Product Design
There are many product printing services on the web whereby users upload images, add text, and create their own unique t-shirt, mug, or just about any other product that can be printed on.
With WooCommerce and the Fancy Product Designer – WooCommerce Plugin, you can do the same thing and build your own custom eCommerce storefront.
Some of the features for this plugin is listed below:
- customers can create text layers or upload images—even images from social media accounts
- customers can color individual layers or choose those set by the store owner
- smart pricing based on layers, layer types, product types, etc.
- sell just about any type of product
2. WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing & Discounts
This WordPress WooCommerce plugin is a must have for anyone interested in offering discount pricing.
The WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing & Discounts plugin lets you determine pricing rules and cart discounts with ease.
Whether you’re selling shippable or digital products, you’ll find everything you need:
- provide quantity discounts, special offers, percentage discounts and more
- create an almost unlimited number of discount pricing types
- conditional cart discounts
- customer loyalty pricing
3. Table Rate Shipping
For wholesalers and retailers shipping products, you know how complicated shipping can be. Multiply the number of different products with the number of shipping destinations and you’ll quickly realize how useful it can be.
With the Table Rate Shipping plugin, however, you can set up a system that will help you charge less for shipping and sell more product.
A summary of its usefulness and benefits is stated below:
- set up zones based on country, state, or postal codes
- base rates on price, quantity, weight or dimensions
- generate one or multiple shipping cost options
- supports volumetric shipping
4. Extra Product Options
We created an Extra Product Options is a great solution for eCommerce stores that need to offer extra product options.
This plugin offers:
- check-boxes, radio buttons, select boxes, textareas, input boxes, upload, date, range picker, and color picker
- the ability to replace check-boxes, radio buttons, and select boxes with images
- hide or show prices
- form fields builder
You can check out one of the example here – http://dentalgear.com.au/
5. WooCommerce Product Filter
If you’re selling many products using WooCommerce, you’re going to need a good way for customers to search, sort, and find what they’re looking for. Usually, a better search experience provides you with a better sales conversion result.
The WooCommerce Product Filter is one of the best solutions for searching, sorting, and filtering products.
This WordPress WooCommerce plugin has the following use case:
- filter using taxonomies, price, range, and in-stock filters
- unlimited filters and easy integration
- widget filters and filter layouts
- impressive design options
My favorite feature has to be the filter analytics. Track your customer search behavior to improve your storefront or develop new products.
6. WooCommerce Advanced Shipping
Here’s another nice option for those shipping products.
The WooCommerce Advanced Shipping plugin is very advanced, but also easy to use.
- customize with cart, user, and product based conditions
- volume based pricing and table shipping
- create unlimited shipping methods
- set up worldwide shipping zones
We rarely receive such requests but it really depends on your business. If it goes international, then this might be a good choice.
7. PDF Invoice
Occasionally, we receive request from clients to integrate a financing function into the ecommerce store to enable them to automate invoice and receipts to their customers. We created a plugin to enable the following features:
- supports custom check-fields and multiple custom content blocks
- offers regular and proforma invoices
- complies with accounting standards
- excellent design layout and style
- automatic invoicing
8. MailChimp Integration
In Akimi, we are a crazy, loyal, enthusiastic user of Mail Chimp! We love it and hence we recommend it to our clients. Naturally, we also built a plugin to integrate your mail chimp account to your ecommerce store.
9. WooCommerce Advanced Bulk Edit
If you want to do bulk editing (or export to a CSV file) of your WooCommerce products, you need to take a look at WooCommerce Advanced Bulk Edit. This is common for companies trying to move from their traditional way of doing things to online.
Some of the features include:
- bulk edit, add, and remove attributes
- create, duplicate, and delete products
- many ways to filter products
- supports 40+ fields
It is a one click process and reduces time for us.
10. Email Subscriptions
Another common request will be a simple pop up button to collect subscription, prompt some actions to download PDF, documents etc Hence, a subscription plugin is created. We have various uses for it and you can find some of the uses here:
- collect email and user information for future marketing purposes
- additional pop up to display latest sales, promotions etc
- automatic integration with Mail Chimp
- pop up to encourage download of certain information
11. WooCommerce Customer Relationship Manager
CRM is such a common request that we would recommend the most poplar woocommerce CRM. However, if you need something more complex, Salesforce is the solution for you.
WooCommerce Customer Relationship Manager extends your eCommerce site to a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) solution.
Track all your customer interactions:
- create new customers and place orders by taking orders over the phone
- easily search and filter through your customers
- send emails individually or bulk
- assign customer status
- log calls and emails
You can also extract the data into a .xls or PDF format.
We rarely receive this request but if you need a more complex search filter, the plugin below is for you.
Features also include:
- create new meta fields with checkboxes, drop-downs, range-sliders, and more
- includes widgets and shortcodes
- AJAX searching support (able to create other search filters)
13. WooCommerce Currency Switcher
Selling your items online and you need your prices to be shown in difference currency? This plugin below solves your problem!
You’ll find just the right features:
- rate conversion using Yahoo, Google Appspot Aggregators, or manually
- display currency switcher via widget or shortcode
- five UI currency switcher options
- GeoLocation by IP
However, the biggest drawback is that this is not integrated with your payment gateway. Hence, the biggest problem is that the amount displayed is not the eventual exchange rate you are going to get due to different payment gateway charges. It is still something to ponder about before accepting payment in multiple currency.
14. Product Imagery
We created this plugin so that we can provide zoom in photos, enlarged images etc as well as other permutation in terms of making the site more appealing.
Build a better customer experience:
- create image carousels and sliders
- supports touch gestures
- add product videos
- zoom images
Again depends on requirements, we can customize to fit the needs.
15. Social Sharing Coupon for WordPress
Social Media is a huge thing in today’s world and many of our customers want to reward their customers for sharing their webpages, products, recent purchases etc.
Social Coupon for WordPress makes it easy for us to integrate into an existing WooCommerce website.
This plugin includes the following features:
- supports Facebook Like, Facebook Share, Google+, Twitter tweets, Twitter follows, and LinkedIn shares
- display sharer on any page or widget area with shortcodes
- set custom URLs or current page
This is one of our most common plugins to integrate.
Customer loyalty system is important to ensure customers feel great buying your product. We generally use this WooCommerce plugin but we are open to customize to suit your needs.
Reward customers for:
- social media shares
- product purchases
- writing reviews
- signing up
You can then offer points at a product, category, or global level. Points can have set expiration dates and also the limit to the number of points each customer can obtained.
17. WooCommerce Recover Abandoned Cart
Sometimes we lose sales at the final step because the user’s browser crash or the internet is slow etc that prevents them from checking out and they will have to repeat the process. With this plugin, you can eliminate such issues for your customers.
Send an email—and even follow-up emails—to recover abandoned carts.
“Recover Abandoned Cart monitors carts that are abandoned by Members and Guests to capture Abandoned Carts. It automatically sends mails using the mail templates at specified times to Recover the Abandoned Carts.”
With this extensive list, it helps our clients and prospect to understand what we can offer. Are you looking to build an ecommerce site or requires some of the features above? Talk to us and we can give you a non obligatory quotation.