If you are a small business owner looking to collect any forms of payment online, you would probably need to setup a PayPal Business account (or at least, engage a similar service). Setting up this account would allow you to take credit and debit card payments, direct payments from your customers’ personal PayPal accounts as well as online cheque payments. Luckily for business owners who have limited amount of time and technical expertise, PayPal has made it pretty straightforward to set up a business account. Just a few steps and you’re done!
To make things even simpler, we have compiled a step-by-step walk through of how you can create your own PayPal Business account.
- Visit PayPal’s site and click “Sign Up Now”.
- Choose the option “Receive Payments with Paypal”.
- Sign up for your business account with a unique email address that is not tagged to any other PayPal accounts. Then proceed on to fill up your business and account holder’s information.
- Open up the verification email that PayPal will send to you after completing the above steps.
- Log into your PayPal account and enter the remaining details needed to complete creating your PayPal Business account. At this point, you would need your bank account details that you would like any payments to be credited into. PayPal will then send a verification request to your bank in the form of two small deposits. This takes about 3-5 days.
- After you see the transactions from PayPal in your account, you can log into your PayPal Business account again to complete setting up your account.
That’s it! Now, you have your PayPal Business account.
For more information on developing an eCommerce site, feel free to approach our account managers at email@example.com